Wednesday, February 10, 2016

3rd Quarter Reflections

This quarter has been a bit more challenging than the past because of the test we had taken and the new way of approaching reading questions with multiple choice. But overall the new reading question approach has helped me understand the reading more and actual get into the text. It will help me in the future especially on the ACT from reading between the lines and all the except questions. The test on imperialism was hard because of all the facts and similar ways imperialism had affected the different countries by America, but I really pulled through on the political cartoon's and short answers on the test because I actually knew and got in depth with the topic. We learned who to analyze a documentary of Eddie Aikau by three things: Subject, Focus, and Angle. Later we made our own "documentary" from the reading, which I wrote about the sugar economy being affected by the United States imperial power. We also had discussed talk about the future and what to expect and how we can advance it ourselves. The New York High-Line is what we are discussing now and it shows a lot of innovation and similarities to Progressivism, which helps us understand Progressivism and the reforms more. This quarter so far has been a struggle, but has helped me understand topics more. I can say that in this History class I am actually remembering and enjoying learning about US History than in any other class i have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment